Rec Room is an online universe where you create and play games with friends from around the world. As a Concept Artist, you will be working directly with the art team as well as game designers and more! You will create pre-production artwork that will be used to communicate ideas across multiple teams with an emphasis on iteration, problem solving, and finalizing designs.
- Concept stylized character outfits, props, skins, environments, and marketing materials
- Ability to take an idea from thumbnail to finished concept
- Maintain consistent aesthetic within the Rec Room style
- Strong understanding of composition fundamentals and a good eye for shape language
- Iterate quickly with sketches, mock ups, and 2D/3D paintovers
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Successfully shipped a title working as a concept artist or equivalent title.
- Expert level understanding of Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain and organize art production files
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- Portfolio examples exhibit working in a strong style
- Basic understanding of 3D modeling program for use in concepting and paintovers
- Ability to hand paint stylized textures in Photoshop
- Strong background in cross platform games (e.g., Playstation, PC, Xbox, Mobile, VR, etc.)
- Cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., UI, concept, texturing, materials, animation, game design)
- Familiarity with source control
- Self-sufficient in Unity
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.