Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Senior 3D Artist, you will help design games, content pipelines, create hero assets, and provide critical feedback and mentorship for other artists. You’ll work on a small agile team on a broad variety of features and tools.
- Provide critical feedback and help mentor artists expand their skill sets
- Assist in designing games, user facing features, and content tools
- Help develop, maintain, and iterate on content pipelines
- Maintain consistent aesthetic and technical quality across all areas of development
- Model stylized hero assets
- Hand paint appealing low contrast textures from reference/concept or scratch
- Create and maintain a wide range of materials within Unity
- 5+ years of game industry experience with equivalent title
- Expert understanding of Unity, Maya and/or Blender
- Ability to hand paint stylized textures in Photoshop
- Exhibit a strong understanding of broad 3D and game development fundamentals
- Knowledge of color theory and the ability to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Comfortable and familiar with version control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- Portfolio examples of hand painted textures and heavily stylized low poly work
- Strong background in Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., PSVR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience shipping cross-platform 3D games (e.g., PC, Console, Mobile)
- Broad cross-disciplinary work experience (e.g., concept, VFX, shaders, lighting, animation, and level design)
- Prior experience mentoring more junior artists
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.