Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
Rec Room is looking for a full time Motion Graphics Artist to create compelling marketing video advertisements across major social and ad publishing networks. We are looking for a creative and talented individual who has a solid grasp of 2D animation and what makes compelling content to capture the attention of new users, specifically for performance based marketing and app store content. You can embrace a concept and make it your own through comprehension of audience motivations. You take art direction to the next level through deep understanding of visual communication combined with curiosity to explore design and cognitive sciences. You find efficient ways to improve the creative & technical processes and speak up when you see areas of opportunity that will help benefit yourself and the wider team .
** In order to be considered you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio / demo reel, website or a pdf showcasing recent art work upon application.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Create video ads and sometimes statics for use on Facebook, Instagram, Ad Networks, etc.
- Animate and compose marketing content following Rec Room brand and style guidelines.
- Collaborate with creative strategist, product marketing, media buying, and production on creative ideation and exploration, executing new designs and animation.
- Share your creative vision with rough storyboards and written communication.
- Successfully produce concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to export high quality raw content from 3D and 2D game files (3DS MAX, Maya, Unity, etc.).
- Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to the stakeholders.
- Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders within the Marketing department, and at times with the game product teams as well.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Must include a portfolio of work demonstrating your breadth of skill and specific information on what your individual project contributions were.
- 5+ years of motion graphics experience specifically within creative marketing. This could be with an agency, mobile gaming company or related creative studio environment.
- Must illustrate a hybrid skill set including a strong foundation in video editing, design thinking, motion graphics, and VFX.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard design and 3D packages. Adobe Creative Suite; After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator are a must. Maya or comparable 3D software is also great to have.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to take and deliver constructive feedback.
- An interest in performance driven ad creative, and an ability to spot trends or patterns in content in order to establish best practices for new content generation.
- Able to collaborate on projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong eye for quality and acute attention to detail.
- Passionate about video games and technology.
- Ideally able to illustrate original content as well.
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.