Position Overview: We are seeking a Sr. Environment Artist (contractor) to oversee production of high-fidelity Environments for Unity game engine. You will play a key role on a cross-functional art development team responsible for building the next generation of VR content for Mursion simulation platform. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 - 5 years’ game development experience and a strong portfolio showcasing examples of AAA quality environments captured from Unity, Unreal or a similar engine.
This position is a remote, full-time contractor position reporting to the Creative Director.
- Lead visual design and development of next-gen simulation environments.
- Author high quality hard surface models, textures and materials using PBR workflow.
- Proactively seek art feedback from manager and Creative Director.
- Process and tune marketplace assets to conform with existing pipelines.
- Maintain a library of environment props and oversee conventions and quality.
- Design, assemble and light scenes matching current gen AAA quality.
- Configure camera perspectives, avatar placement and dynamic lighting.
- Assemble projects with multiple scenes using json scripts and validate own work.
- Manage final assets integration with Art Library Designer and configure for compatibility.
- Manage art QA pipeline via JIRA with offshore team and resolve bugs internally.
- Lead art project config testing via Mursion Portal and validate quality.
- Support production of client facing marketing materials.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ working experience in the AAA game development industry creating high-fidelity, photo-real environments for real-time rendering.
- Strong portfolio showcasing examples of professional and personal environment work.
- Comfortable working remotely in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expert level knowledge and proficiency in 2D/3D authoring software (Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, Mari).
- Some experience with writing scripts in Unity using C# or basic pipeline tools via Python or Mel.
- Ability to self manage, prioritize and multi-task while efficiently delivering quality.
- Strong eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating photo-real shaders and materials.
- Strong communication and writing skills with ability to document pipelines.
- Comfortable with managing junior talent and offshore outsourcing personnel.
- Expert level asset management skills.
- Traditional skills are a plus.