At Varjo we are building the future of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we create will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive. They are powered by The Varjo Reality Cloud working with devices built by Varjo or any other immersive or 2D device in the world.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, interacting without limitations of physical space and computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
With Varjo Reality Cloud and our unique take on teleport, anybody will be able to capture their surroundings in 3D and then invite somebody else to join that same exact reality, see and hear others, and share their experience in absolute immersion. Instead of jumping on a plane, you will be able to teleport to any location and back instantly, making your actual physical location completely irrelevant. You can learn more about our vision and what we are doing right now at https://varjo.com/blog/varjo-reality-cloud/
We are now looking for a lead software product manager to lead and drive our teleport product vision and work closely with cross-functional teams across design and engineering to continuously make teleporting a reality for Varjo users. You will be responsible for working with our customers and turning insight into impact driven targets for development, defining the right milestones in our product journey together with the rest of the Teleport team and daily iterating on what is the best experience and making trade-offs with the team. You will use a myriad of tools to steer the product side, a strong background in metric/KPI driven product management is key.
As an individual we are looking for a strong entrepreneurial product lead who has a strong interest in VR/XR products and can think big on a vision level but apply discipline and firm hand in executing that vision.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland or Oslo Norway. We have offices in Helsinki and Oslo, but you can do a large part of your work remotely in Finland or Norway. What ever works best for you.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will also gladly help with relocating to Finland or Norway and make your move to the Scandinavia as easy as possible.
- Lead the ideation and product iterating of the Varjo Teleport experience
- Establish a shared roadmap for this experience across Varjo and use that to steer internally and towards customers
- Drive daily and weekly software product development together with engineering and design
- Work closely with partners and customers to establish the right focus and metrics to follow success
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- 5+ years of experience working in software product management
- A history of working with cloud-based products either in the B2B or B2C market.
- Track record of taking products to market and improving on them.
- Experience of using analytical tools and KPI’s as part of product management
- Bonus if you have previous experience with VR/XR or collaborative/social software.
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.