At Varjo we are building the future of immersive computing. The mixed reality experiences we create will empower each of us to be more creative and more productive. They are powered by The Varjo Reality Cloud working with devices built by Varjo or any other immersive or 2D device in the world.
We want to work with the best – we want you to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into the future and play your part in shaping it.
When we are done, interacting without limitations of physical space and computers will look nothing like what they do right now.
Varjo is now looking for a Lead product manager for our XR product line. You will be leading the product definition of our future XR HMD’s and working on various accessories that are required for a great experience. As the lead product manager, you will have a critical role working closely with our customers and sales on understanding what the right customers and business driven capabilities are. On the other side, your days will be filled with representing that thinking in our cross-functional product effort working closely with designers and engineers to create and execute on the right product.
As an individual we are looking for a strong entrepreneurial product lead. You have a background working with product management and being able to steer development through customer needs, business impact and focusing on the right things for maximal value. You are comfortable with thinking big on a product vision level but also have the necessary discipline and firm hand in decision making and choosing the way forward together with the rest of the product team to ensure we can execute. Spending time with customers and representing the Varjo product outside of the company is standard operation for you.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. We have our HQ in Helsinki, but you can do a large part of your work remotely in Finland. What ever works best for you.
If you're based somewhere else at the moment, we will gladly help with relocating to Finland and make your move to the Scandinavia as easy as possible.
- Lead the product and requirement definition of the Varjo XR product line
- Establish the right thinking with customers and sales for us to build successful products that meet the needs of the market
- Work weekly and daily with product development. Help make the right tradeoffs and decisions through customer and business impacts
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products when we are on the market.
- 5+ years of experience working in product management for physical products. Examples could be with wearable or compute devices or mobile phones.
- Track record of taking products to market and improving on them.
- Experience of using analytical tools and KPI’s as part of product management
- Bonus if you have previous experience with VR/XR products or software
- The possibility to see into the future of computing by taking part in creating the new state of art in mixed reality experiences
- A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
- Competitive salary and reward plan to share the success
- Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
This role will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate will be found. Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply.