Position Overview: This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering. There is a preference for this role to be based out of our offices in San Francisco, however we are open to remote candidates.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring onshore and offshore Agile teams resulting in technical excellence across the product.
- Perform system, module, and component design according to requirements and best practice.
- Responsible for design reviews as well as code reviews of important core components.
- Participate in strategic planning and design sessions with product management, and engineering management leaders.
- Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in.
- Provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies.
- Engage across teams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up to technical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across the organization.
- Developing and demonstrating a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies, micro service design patterns, Open Source libraries and frameworks, and technology architecture concepts.
- Well-rounded architect with knowledge and experience in enterprise, cloud, data and web application architecture practices
- 8+ years of proven track record of successful project/product implementation
- Proficiency in one or more backend languages (Java)
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience building RESTful web-services
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience with SQL and NoSql databases
- Demonstrated experience architecting cloud-based systems to process large volumes of data