Position Overview: This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering. There is a preference for this role to be based out of our offices in San Francisco, however we are open to remote candidates.
- Design, develop and maintain Mursion’s VR simulation software.
- Design the interfaces to communicate between the real-time communication clients and Mursion Simulation software.
- Build prototypes, analyze performance, and continuously refine architecture that will help build Mursion VR simulations running on a local machine or cloud-based GPU system.
- Use traditional software engineering and infrastructure deployment approaches to support scalability, reliability, and performance of the architecture.
- Demonstrated experience developing/implementing Unity applications or Unity games.
- 8+ Years of experience as a lead and senior software engineer with 3+ years of experience in Unity and other related technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical programming and debugging using .Net, C#/C/C++.
- Experience working with render queues, image buffers, and real-time media streams including but not limited to WebRTC framework is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of media codecs, compression techniques, and media containers is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of browser-based plugins to support VR and the ability to architect software with a distributed framework is a plus.
- Excellent team player with strong communication and collaboration skills.